Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sweet Yellow Roses & Lilacs

 I was able to go to the thrift and
antique stores yesterday, thanks to my mom!
I was so happy to find these postcards in


This postcard used to have  
'Miss Waive Bash' written in the blank area.
Aren't those roses beautiful?
 
Here's what I found on the back:

Hello Waive,

Has C.B. been after any more matches yet?
Are you going berrying Fri.
From: A Berry Picker like yourself

Miss Gladys Waive Bash
Utica, Licking Co., Ohio

Postmarked ~ July 29, 1908



Original version above, edited below... 

I love both versions of the lilac card.
Usually, I find that someone has 
written their name under 'Greetings from' 
as you would expect, but they didn't on this one. 

I used a graphic of old, textured paper 
to provide the blank tag on the alternate version. 

 Here's the note on the back:

Sept 7, 1910

Dear Alice & I received your cards
yesterday.  I am well.  Hope this will find you
all the same.  Lizzie is getting along fine.
She is still at the hospital.  Write once in awhile.
From Dora R.

Mrs. Louis Denig
Worthington, Ohio



Two great examples of why the back of a postcard
can be as interesting as the front!


Hope you'll find a way to put 
these beautiful postcard graphics to good use!
The full-size images are approx. 3"x 5" 

If you use them in a project,
please let me know...
Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks ~ they're pretty sitting together on my table upstairs :)

      Delete
  2. nice blog!
    thanks for the tag
    from Chile
    c@

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa