Wednesday, March 14, 2012

1917 Farmyard Favorites

 "Agriculture is our wisest pursuit,
because it will in the end contribute most to
real wealth, good morals, and happiness."

~ Letter from Thomas Jefferson to George Washington (1787) ~

I didn't grow up on a farm, but my husband did.  We live just down the road from the original homestead of Catherine & Edward Berry, my husband's (5 times) great-grandparents, who settled here in 1807.  Several generations of farming families are the result of what they started over 200 years ago.

Here are two tags I created using original graphics
from a children's book (the title and back cover pages),



I made the green tag smaller for the collage sheet.
To see the image at full size, left click then right click
and select 'View Image.'


 These are the original images I scanned, then cleaned up a bit.
Note that I did brighten up both graphics for the tags. 
The book is actually 13.5" by 9.5", so a fairly good size.
It's copyright ~ 1917.



I'm sharing these at Angie's Knick of Time Tuesday
as well as here, Vintage Thingie Thursday

All graphics are free for your personal use ~ Enjoy!
If you use them, please let me know...

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. These are so charming! Thanks for sharing your creations. Thanks for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday again this week - I love having you!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me! I was almost ready to share my Irish gift tags yesterday, but our internet connection went bad... I'm glad you like these :)

      Delete
  2. These are just too cute! I need to start a file for your graphics! I love printing them out! I'm making bunnies today...'hop' by when you get a chance! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are realy cute and i like all the tags you added here.
    thank you so much for sharing and greetings from Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these pictures. I've been looking for the "perfect" rooster and I think I found it. Thanks so much for sharing. I have written about your blog several times and even have a link on a special page for vintage images. I'd be honored of you would check it out.

    http://katspurrfectboutique.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-created-new-page-for-links-to-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those vintage shots. You turned them into a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing these with us, love the images!

    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan, I've come to enjoy these tags a few times! Somehow they make me feel like a girl... I just thanked you for you lovely comment over at the interview on Poetic Bloomings. I am touched and I thank God for your friendship and the blessing of your love.

    ...oh, and I just tagged you in blogger tag! Visit my blog to copy and paste the rules IF you want to play, There is no pressure or time constraints to this game and of course, no obligation, but if it is something you would enjoy....you're IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful farm tags and thanks for sharing them too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these...I think I will use them on the egg packages I give away as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I love them.

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa